On 09/02/2012 02:20 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > If that's the problem, then fix that, by changing the type. If I understand this suggestion correctly, it's not practical. GNU/Linux sigblock returns 'int', but its signal masks require 1024 bits, too wide for 'int'. This is why sigblock has been removed from POSIX and is documented as obsolete in GNU/Linux. > Changes come at a cost, which should be justified. My point was that the new version is smaller and faster. How much smaller and faster doesn't matter much, as the primary justification for the change is to reduce the confusion caused by the current setup. > I could go with replacing 'signal' etc. with their modern Posix > replacements OK, thanks, I reworked the patch to implement that suggestion. I also modified it a bit in other ways, to boost the performance a bit (as that suggestion caused a small performance hit). The result is attached. I expect the Windows port will need a few tweaks.