all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* show all available Perl methods and subs
@ 2009-10-16 15:15 lichtkind
From: lichtkind @ 2009-10-16 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello.

I can import Perl modules by a command like use File::Path. I'am
searching for a way to list automatic all available methods and subs
that are available.

Regards
lichtkind

* Re: show all available Perl methods and subs
@ 2009-10-16 17:47 ` LanX
From: LanX @ 2009-10-16 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Servus Herbert!

> I can import Perl modules by a command like use File::Path. I'am
> searching for a way to list automatic all available methods and subs
> that are available.

perlysense is supposed to do this with tab-completion

And if IIRC ecb (emacs code browser) shows a pane with all methods of
a project.

Cheers
  Rolf

PS: Espionage for Kephra? ;-)

* Re: show all available Perl methods and subs
@ 2009-10-16 23:27 ` Ilya Zakharevich
From: Ilya Zakharevich @ 2009-10-16 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2009-10-16, lichtkind <lichtkind3@web.de> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I can import Perl modules by a command like use File::Path. I'am
> searching for a way to list automatic all available methods and subs
> that are available.

Peruse menu of CPerl.

Ilya

* Re: show all available Perl methods and subs
@ 2009-10-17  0:05   ` LanX
From: LanX @ 2009-10-17  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Ilya

> Peruse menu of CPerl.

could you please give me a link?

I can't find any peruse menu in cperl-mode's menu nor even the word in
the .el file.

Neither does googling produce any explanation

???
  Rolf

* Re: show all available Perl methods and subs
@ 2009-10-17  7:28     ` Ilya Zakharevich
       [not found]     ` <mailman.9005.1255777867.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Ilya Zakharevich @ 2009-10-17  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2009-10-17, LanX <lanx.perl@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ilya
>
>> Peruse menu of CPerl.

"Do peruse menu of CPerl"  ;-)  :-(

> Neither does googling produce any explanation

Between using imenu, and (recursive) tagging, all MY needs are usually
satisfied...  (Both in "Perl/Tools".)

Ilya

* Re: show all available Perl methods and subs
@ 2009-10-17 11:08     ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found]     ` <mailman.9005.1255777867.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2009-10-17 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LanX; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 17.10.2009 um 02:05 schrieb LanX:

>> Peruse menu of CPerl.
>
> could you please give me a link?

To peruse means in this context something like "browse through the
CPerl menu." HTH. A link to some translation service might also help,
but I don't know any by heart, I have dictionaries at hand. Sorry.
Google might know anything.

--
Greetings

   Pete

If all else fails read the instructions.
				- Donald Knuth

* Re: show all available Perl methods and subs
@ 2009-10-19 21:03       ` LanX
From: LanX @ 2009-10-19 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi

> Between using imenu, and (recursive) tagging, all MY needs are usually
> satisfied...  (Both in "Perl/Tools".)

hmm ... well I think i've already read the menu's and even the source
very thoroughly and
there is nothing that fits into simulating the OPs which for
Intellisense like behaviour.

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IntelliSense

But I don't question that your needs are satisfied! 8)

CU
  rolf

@ 2009-10-19 21:10       ` LanX
From: LanX @ 2009-10-19 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Thanks Peter

I really thought it's one of these funny emacs names like "ido",
"hippieexpand" or "ffap".

>  A link to some translation service might also help,
> but I don't know any by heart,

if you ever need one, leo.org is quite good:

http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&lang=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed&sectHdr=on&spellToler=on&chinese=both&pinyin=diacritic&search=peruse&relink=on

Funny enough using the translate-button in google-groups just produces

"Peruse Menü CPerl."

xD

Ciao
  Rolf

* Re: show all available Perl methods and subs
@ 2009-10-19 21:13         ` LanX
From: LanX @ 2009-10-19 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

oops s/which/wish/

Sorry maybe already got too used to web-boards where you can still fix
typos after posting...

* Re: show all available Perl methods and subs
@ 2009-10-24  6:02         ` Ilya Zakharevich
From: Ilya Zakharevich @ 2009-10-24  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2009-10-19, LanX <lanx.perl@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>> Between using imenu, and (recursive) tagging, all MY needs are usually
>> satisfied...  (Both in "Perl/Tools".)
>
> hmm ... well I think i've already read the menu's and even the source
> very thoroughly and
> there is nothing that fits into simulating the OPs which for
> Intellisense like behaviour.

I reread the OP, and it looks that imenu+tagging is exactly what OP
needed.

Yours,
Ilya