all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Strange error after M-x package-list-packages
@ 2012-08-30 19:57 Mateusz B
From: Mateusz B @ 2012-08-30 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

my Emacs 24.1 installation was running fine until the following error
started showing every time I did M-x package-list-packages:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Invalid hash table rehash size" 1.0)
   eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil
"/home/mateusz/emacs/emacs-24.2/lisp/finder-inf.el" nil t)  ; Reading at
buffer position 38650
load-with-code-conversion("/home/mateusz/emacs/emacs-24.2/lisp/finder-inf.el"
"/home/mateusz/emacs/emacs-24.2/lisp/finder-inf.el" t t)
   require(finder-inf nil t)
   package-list-packages(nil)
   call-interactively(package-list-packages t nil)
   execute-extended-command(nil)
   call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)

I downloaded and compiled 24.2 version to check if it occurs there and
it was there, right after compilation (and /src/emacs -Q). The bottom of
traces are a bit different actually, my normal installation runs smex,
but above everything is the same. What could it be? What to do now?

Thanks in advance,
Earendil

* Re: Strange error after M-x package-list-packages
       [not found] <mailman.7832.1346356643.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2012-08-31 19:24 ` matcio1
From: matcio1 @ 2012-08-31 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: gnu.emacs.help; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

W dniu czwartek, 30 sierpnia 2012 21:57:24 UTC+2 użytkownik Mateusz B napisał:
> Hi,
>

> my Emacs 24.1 installation was running fine until the following error
>
> started showing every time I did M-x package-list-packages:
>

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Invalid hash table rehash size" 1.0)
>
>    eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil
>
> "/home/mateusz/emacs/emacs-24.2/lisp/finder-inf.el" nil t)  ; Reading at
>
> buffer position 38650
>
> load-with-code-conversion("/home/mateusz/emacs/emacs-24.2/lisp/finder-inf.el"
>
> "/home/mateusz/emacs/emacs-24.2/lisp/finder-inf.el" t t)
>
>    require(finder-inf nil t)
>
>    package-list-packages(nil)
>
>    call-interactively(package-list-packages t nil)
>
>    execute-extended-command(nil)
>
>    call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
>

> I downloaded and compiled 24.2 version to check if it occurs there and
>
> it was there, right after compilation (and /src/emacs -Q). The bottom of
>
> traces are a bit different actually, my normal installation runs smex,
>
> but above everything is the same. What could it be? What to do now?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Earendil

I tried running with -nw option and it works then. I've recently added a few new fonts -- could it possibly break Emacs?

Regards,

@ 2012-09-01 12:35 ` Mateusz B
From: Mateusz B @ 2012-09-01 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 08/30/2012 09:57 PM, Mateusz B wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my Emacs 24.1 installation was running fine until the following error
> started showing every time I did M-x package-list-packages:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Invalid hash table rehash size"
> 1.0)
>   eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil
> "/home/mateusz/emacs/emacs-24.2/lisp/finder-inf.el" nil t)  ; Reading
> at buffer position 38650
> load-with-code-conversion("/home/mateusz/emacs/emacs-24.2/lisp/finder-inf.el"
> "/home/mateusz/emacs/emacs-24.2/lisp/finder-inf.el" t t)
>   require(finder-inf nil t)
>   package-list-packages(nil)
>   call-interactively(package-list-packages t nil)
>   execute-extended-command(nil)
>   call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
>
> I downloaded and compiled 24.2 version to check if it occurs there and
> it was there, right after compilation (and /src/emacs -Q). The bottom
> of traces are a bit different actually, my normal installation runs
> smex, but above everything is the same. What could it be? What to do now?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Earendil
  Got it. It was because I switch to my native, Polish locale. It uses
commas instead of periods in numbers. But why Emacs is sensitive to it?

Regards,
Earendil