On 8/15/12 1:45 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: >> . When you have changes in the bzr repo: >> . "bzr pull" from the git repo to the bzr branch created above > > But his Git repository is the result of a "Bzr->Git" conversion. > So we'd get here a "Bzr->Git->Bzr" conversion. I strongly suspect that > it is not an identity and that all the revids will be different. I tried cloning a local git mirror (derived from the Savannah git mirorr) using bzr-git. It's even slower than git-bzr. It's used 23 miutes of CPU time and processed 8315 of 122105 records. >> . "bzr merge" to another bzr branch that tracks the Emacs trunk > > If indeed all the revids are different, this will either complain that > there's no common ancestor (best case) or find some distant ancestor and > pretty much double the size of the repository with a new copy of the > whole history. > > This said, I don't understand the problem discussed here. > Isn't "git-bzr" bidirectional (i.e. you can "git push" onto the Bzr > repository)? git-bzr would be great if it worked, but it doesn't work for me. After chugging along for about an hour, it fails and complains about a missing committer record. How is the Savannah git mirror being generated? Matching its revids would be the most important part of any bidirectional mirriroing scheme. If Savannah is using git-bzr, I'd like to know the versions of the pieces of software involved and whether the Savannah people made any local modifications.