all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs font-rendering changes depending on whether monitor is plugged-in
@ 2011-10-11 21:58 FFighter
From: FFighter @ 2011-10-11 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi list,

So I have GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-
appkit-1038.35) installed on Lion. If I have my 24" Samsumg monitor
plugged in (this switches the main workspace to the montor) and I
start emacs, it boots with the fonts rendered in a different way.

See for yourself:

* When I start emacs from the mac LCD (monitor not plugged-in):
http://minus.com/lFcOpL7KUZEGE
* When I start emacs from the Samsumg monitor: http://minus.com/lMVvtL4GMmrJI

Why am I worrying about that? Well it's not a big deal, but I'm
curious and I *strongly* prefer the way the fonts are rendered when I
start emacs and the monitor is not plugged. Why does that happen?

Thanks in advance,

- Marcelo.

* Re: Emacs font-rendering changes depending on whether monitor is plugged-in
@ 2011-10-17  3:52 ` FFighter
From: FFighter @ 2011-10-17  3:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

*bump*

Any ideas?

- M

@ 2011-10-18  0:18   ` jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2011-10-18  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: celoserpa; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

But how does it know?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ57rtIv7kk&list=PL6E40919035151385
My fonts look all black when the monitor is not plugged in :-)