On 8/7/12 9:40 AM, Drew Adams wrote: >> How about "windows" or "ms-windows"? w32os is misleading, or will be, >> once Emacs could be built as a 64-bit process. > > FWIW, I vote against just "windows" because of possible confusion with other > meanings of "window". Yes, I understand that the context probably dispels > confusion here. Still, it's a good idea to avoid it consistently (and to > facilitate searching etc.). > > "ms-windows" is pretty clear. But if you also sometimes need something shorter > and not 32/64-specific as a replacement for "w32", try "msw" or some such. > Whatever you choose, please use it consistently throughout Emacs. We use WINDOWSNT in the C source, we might as well use 'windowsnt on the Lisp side. I'd thought 'nt would be a decent-enough shorthand for 'windowsnt.