all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs 21.2 Frame Parameters
@ 2002-08-06 19:02 Joseph W. Jackson
From: Joseph W. Jackson @ 2002-08-06 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I recently upgraded to Emacs 21.2.1 and now find that several of my frame
customizations don't work.  In particular, the frame-parameters "top" and
"left" get ignored.

For example:
In version 20.7 I used the following command to create a second frame
positioned all the way to the right of my screen:
        (make-frame '((height . 70) (width .  93) (top . 0) (left .  581)))

under emacs 21.2.1 the command above produces a frame of height=70 and
width=93 but the windoe is positioned at top=0 and left=0.  I get an
identical result when I try to set "top" or "left" values for the variables
"special-display-frame-alist" and "default-frame-alist"

Can someone tell me what has changed and how to work around the problem?

I am operating under Redhat Linux 7.3 and I'm using either the Gnome
interface or a WRQ Reflection Suite for X connection.

"No Single Raindrop Believes It Is Responsible For The Flood"  - Despair.com

* Emacs 21.2 Frame Parameters
@ 2002-08-06 20:48 Joseph W. Jackson
From: Joseph W. Jackson @ 2002-08-06 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

The more I dig into this the more I believe it is a bug.

I recently upgraded from Redhat Linux 7.2 to 7.3.  As part of the update,
my emacs changed from version 20.7 to Emacs 21.2 and I now find that
several of my frame customizations don't work.  In particular, the
frame-parameters "top" and "left" get ignored.

For example:
In version 20.7 I used the following command to create a second frame
positioned all the way to the right of my screen:
        (make-frame '((height . 70) (width .  93) (top . 0) (left .  581)))

under emacs 21.2.1 the command above produces a frame of height=70 and
width=93 but the window is positioned at top=0 and left=0.  I get an
identical result when I try to set "top" or "left" values for the variables
"special-display-frame-alist" and "default-frame-alist"

Something changed between the releases and, as of yet, I am unable to work
around the problem.

"No Single Raindrop Believes It Is Responsible For The Flood"  - Despair.com

* Re: Emacs 21.2 Frame Parameters
@ 2002-08-07  1:32 ÖÜÄþ
From: ÖÜÄþ @ 2002-08-07  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)