all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* coninuation-indent for java?
@ 2003-10-16  0:59 Paul Sorenson
From: Paul Sorenson @ 2003-10-16  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings,

Is there a way to set something like fortran-continuation-indent for java?
In other words, is there a configuration like "java-continuation-indent"?
When I apropos "continuation", it only lists idlwave-continuation-indent.
Idlwave is a special mode that I use, but I was hoping to find the same
continuation-indent feature for java.

FWIW, I am running Gnu Emacs on Windows XP.

Thanks,

-Paul

* Re: coninuation-indent for java?
@ 2003-10-17  7:41 ` Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2003-10-17  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Paul Sorenson <aardvark62@msn.com> wrote on Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:59:18
-0600:
> Greetings,

and to you too, Sir!

> Is there a way to set something like fortran-continuation-indent for
> java?  In other words, is there a configuration like
> "java-continuation-indent"?  When I apropos "continuation", it only
> lists idlwave-continuation-indent.  Idlwave is a special mode that I
> use, but I was hoping to find the same continuation-indent feature for
> java.

I'm not actually familiar with a Fortran Mode or Idlwave on Emacs, but in
Java Mode the answer to your question (assuming it's not 42 :-) is almost
certainly yes.  What exactly do you want to do?

Could you possibly post a few lines of java, showing exactly what you'd
like to happen, and what actually happens at the moment?  It might be
helpful if you could get an analysis of the pertinent line by typing C-c
C-s and then post it here.

> FWIW, I am running Gnu Emacs on Windows XP.

Which version of Emacs  (M-x emacs-version)?
Which version of CC Mode (M-x c-version)?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: aacm@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter

* Re: coninuation-indent for java?
@ 2003-10-20 23:29   ` Paul Sorenson
From: Paul Sorenson @ 2003-10-20 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, Alan!

I've now found the commands C-c C-s, C-c C-o, C-c C-q, and they are working
great.

Here are my version numbers:

*GNU Emacs 20.7.1 (i386-*-nt5.1.2600) of Tue Jun 13 2000 on buffy

*Using CC Mode version 5.25

-Paul

@ 2003-10-26 10:23     ` Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2003-10-26 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Paul Sorenson <aardvark62@msn.com> wrote on Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:29:21 -0600:
> Thanks, Alan!

> I've now found the commands C-c C-s, C-c C-o, C-c C-q, and they are working
> great.

:-)

> Here are my version numbers:

> *GNU Emacs 20.7.1 (i386-*-nt5.1.2600) of Tue Jun 13 2000 on buffy

> *Using CC Mode version 5.25

Those are actually _very_ old versions.  The CC Mode 5.25 is over five years
old.  Not that there's anything particularly wrong with that, but you'll
be missing out on all the snazzy new features and bug fixes.

Think about upgrading to Emacs 21.3 and CC Mode 5.30.