all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* highlight line in evil-mode
@ 2014-02-24 11:21 xeon Mailinglist
       [not found] ` <mailman.15899.1393246841.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am using evil in emacs, and this mode has always an highlight line when I am writing. How can I disable this highlight line?

* Re: highlight line in evil-mode
@ 2014-02-24 13:00 ` Óscar Fuentes
       [not found] ` <mailman.15899.1393246841.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2014-02-24 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> I am using evil in emacs, and this mode has always an highlight line
> when I am writing. How can I disable this highlight line?

I don't know for sure what you mean with "an highlight line" (attaching
an screenshot would help) but I don't see any effect that makes me think
of that on my Evil usage. Are you sure that it is not caused by
something in your config?

* Re: highlight line in evil-mode
       [not found] ` <mailman.15899.1393246841.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Here is the link to a pic that show what I say. I am talking about the green line.

http://picpaste.com/Screenshot_from_2014-02-24_15_11_45-50LuYGlO.png

@ 2014-02-24 15:45     ` Alan Schmitt
       [not found]     ` <mailman.15929.1393260579.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2014-02-24 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw

> Here is the link to a pic that show what I say. I am talking about the green line.
>
> http://picpaste.com/Screenshot_from_2014-02-24_15_11_45-50LuYGlO.png

It seems that you have hl-line-mode turned on. I used to use evil and I
don't remember it turning it on for me.

Can you test what "C-h v global-hl-line-mode" returns?

Alan

* Re: highlight line in evil-mode
@ 2014-02-24 16:34     ` Óscar Fuentes
       [not found]     ` <mailman.15929.1393260579.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2014-02-24 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Here is the link to a pic that show what I say. I am talking about the
> green line.
>
> http://picpaste.com/Screenshot_from_2014-02-24_15_11_45-50LuYGlO.png

That's definitely something on your configuration. Try locating the
unwanted setting by commenting out parts of your .emacs file and
restarting Emacs until the problem dissapears.

* Re: highlight line in evil-mode
       [not found]     ` <mailman.15929.1393260579.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
  To: help-gnu-emacs

global-hl-line-mode's value is nil, so it shouldn't happen no highlight.