On Thu, May 4, 2023, at 3:50 AM, João Távora wrote: > Anyway, I would rather not have people that have already gotten 1.15 and > using it (not many) seeing eglot-update change to eglot-upgrade. > By 1.20 noone will remember, but I think we should at least add a > compatibility alias (eglot-upgrade being the advertised one, and keep > eglot-update for 3/4 versions). That would make the situation even more of a mess, wouldn't it? Unless you intend to drop the alias after a couple of Eglot's releases. But that wouldn't be possible because both names would have appeared in Emacs 29. > > Up to you either way. > > Please add the compatibility alias, if you can. > > > >> Two more things: > > >> > > >> - Commit 44ebd9cbd56 also removed the call to (eldoc) from the end of > > >> eglot-completion-at-point which has been there for a few years. Was that > > >> intentional? Didn't look like it. > > > Not intentional no. Well, at least not for that commit. > > > Not pretty, but I wouldn't worry about it. > > > > So it's not a breakage? Okay then. > > No, it was actually intended (not for that commit of course). As long as it was intended for Emacs 29. > > > > >> - Consider the issue that I brought up in > > >> https://debbugs.gnu.org/62720#715 regarding (cadr (assoc 'eglot > > >> package-archive-contents)). I'm not sure there's even a guarantee that > > >> the available versions are sorted, but even if they are obeying > > >> package-archive-priorities seems like a good idea. Though I can > > >> understand if it's not your first priority in this command. > > > Is this a problem that can affect the Eglot package > > > specifically? In which conditions? > > > > The user customizes priorities for GNU ELPA and GNU-devel, and 'M-x > > eglot-upgrade' upgrades to a version from the archive with lower > > priority. Something like that. > > Too late to think about what the right thing to do is. What I > think i'll do eventually is add a confirmation prompt for > interactive calls to eglot-update. Okay. That can work.