all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* gnus-summary-expire-thread doesn't actually work
@ 2011-03-13  3:16 Wang Lei
From: Wang Lei @ 2011-03-13  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi guys,

I hope someone here, using Emacs/23.2 (currently version of debian sid)
with Gnus/5.13, help me verify this: does gnus-summary-expire-thread
actually mark thread expire?

I `T E'ed, thread was marked as `E'. But when I quit this summary and
refresh, I notice it didn't actually expire that thread. Or didn't save
the status.

Please help me confirm this. Thanks!

--
Regards,
Lei

* Re: gnus-summary-expire-thread doesn't actually work
       [not found] <mailman.34.1299986155.9013.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2011-03-15 17:56 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-03-15 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Wang Lei <f3d27b@gmail.com> writes:

> I hope someone here, using Emacs/23.2 (currently version of debian sid)
> with Gnus/5.13, help me verify this: does gnus-summary-expire-thread
> actually mark thread expire?
>
> I `T E'ed, thread was marked as `E'. But when I quit this summary and
> refresh, I notice it didn't actually expire that thread. Or didn't save
> the status.

The `T E' function just marks the thread as expirable, just like all the
other expiration marking commands.  To expire your expirable messages,
you need to use one of the expiring commands, like what you can find at
<menu-bar> <Group> <Expire articles>.