On 03/12/2022 19:54, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> paredit-reindent-defun, like I described, does all that too. But when >> outside strings and comments, it reindents the current defun. > So maybe paredit-reindent-defun doesn't need any fixes, but using it as a > role model for the C-like languages is not TRT, since in C these are two > separate commands with two different key bindings. It's not a given that the current state of things must automatically be optimal. But of course I can't vouch whether this behavior is optimal for every language. And major modes will continue to be able to rebind these key sequences. >> AFAICT, these behaviors are quite compatible. But paredit's binding >> seems to be useful in more contexts. > I'm fine with trying something like that on master, to see whether users > like this conflation, but not on the release branch. Here's a patch that people can try. From my brief testing, seems useful enough. I suppose some might dislike it, though, in some codebases where the methods/functions are consistently longer than a screenful. I do like this binding in Emacs Lisp too, though.