all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs org Repeating events doesn't work
@ 2008-12-08  9:32 Wei Chang
From: Wei Chang @ 2008-12-08  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I want to input some repeating events in emacs org mode. But after I
click C-c a L. Only one entry displayed(please take a look at the
attachment).

Is there anything I missed? Please help. Thanks.
* Tuesday department meeting
 <2008-12-09 Tue 10:00-11:00 +1w>

[-- Attachment #2: D91CB751C1A.jpg --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 12532 bytes --]

* Re: emacs org Repeating events doesn't work
@ 2008-12-08  9:52 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2008-12-08  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"Wei Chang" <changwei.cn@gmail.com> writes:

Hi!

> I want to input some repeating events in emacs org mode. But after I
> click C-c a L. Only one entry displayed(please take a look at the
> attachment).
>
> Is there anything I missed? Please help. Thanks.

I don't see what should be wrong there.  The entry is displayed for
December 9th as specified.  Now hit <right> in the agenda view and see
if it's displayed for December 18th, too.

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: emacs org Repeating events doesn't work
@ 2008-12-09  3:53   ` Wei Chang
From: Wei Chang @ 2008-12-09  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Tassilo Horn; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Tassilo,

No, it's NOT displayed for December 18th.

I attached another pic. I input a daily repeat event, then C-c a L. There
still is only one event.  Could you give me some tips to debug that?

Thanks.

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org> wrote:

> "Wei Chang" <changwei.cn@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Hi!
>
> > I want to input some repeating events in emacs org mode. But after I
> > click C-c a L. Only one entry displayed(please take a look at the
> > attachment).
> >
> > Is there anything I missed? Please help. Thanks.
>
> I don't see what should be wrong there.  The entry is displayed for
> December 9th as specified.  Now hit <right> in the agenda view and see
> if it's displayed for December 18th, too.
>  No, it's NOT displayed for December 18th.
> Bye,
> Tassilo

[-- Attachment #2: D91CB751C1A.jpg --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 18342 bytes --]

* Re: emacs org Repeating events doesn't work
@ 2008-12-09  9:24     ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2008-12-09  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"Wei Chang" <changwei.cn@gmail.com> writes:

> No, it's NOT displayed for December 18th.

Strange...

> I attached another pic. I input a daily repeat event, then C-c a
> L.

What's `C-c a L'?  That's not a standard keybinding in org-mode buffers.

> There still is only one event.  Could you give me some tips to debug
> that?

I still think we're speaking of different things.  Let's say I have

* Foo
  <2008-12-09 Tue +1w>

And hit `C-c C-o' (org-open-at-point) on the timestamp, I'll get an
agenda for exactly the given day, December 9th, 2008.  The +1w doesn't
make a difference here.

But when I do `M-x org-agenda-list' the entry Foo will be there on
December 9th and every week later.  Inside the week agenda you can
switch to the next/previous week view using the arrow keys.

Does the entry really not appear in `org-agenda-list'?

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: emacs org Repeating events doesn't work
@ 2008-12-10  5:48       ` Wei Chang
From: Wei Chang @ 2008-12-10  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Tassilo Horn; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs