all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Getting emacs23 to use Bitstream Vera Sans Mono-8 font
@ 2008-07-18 16:59 Doctor Who
       [not found] ` <mailman.15050.1216492932.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Doctor Who @ 2008-07-18 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm trying to get emacs23 to use Bitstream Vera Sans Mono-8 as the
font.  When I try to invoke emacs like this:

emacs --font "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono-8"

I get the error:

Font `Bitstream Vera Sans Mono-8' is not defined

What is the proper way to get emacs23 using this font (which is
installed).  Preferably, I would like to make this permanent and not
have to invoke emacs in such a way each time.

Thanks for your response!

[parent not found: <mailman.15015.1216429293.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]