YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote: > It seems to be necessary to look into the tRNS chunk data for paletted > images. Again, W32 would need some more work. Thanks, I confirmed that this fixes the misdisplay for me as well. I attempted to port it to w32 (as well as to unusual libpng builds that do not define PNG_tRNS_SUPPORTED) and installed the attached into master. With this patch on Ubuntu 18.04.3 I always see the first image shown in your tRNS.pg screenshot . So it may be that more work needs to be done to support other faces. Still, this patch is an improvement so it's worth going in.