all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Make `url-retrieve' accept another option: url-http-no-redirect
@ 2007-03-05 15:20 Lukasz Stafiniak
From: Lukasz Stafiniak @ 2007-03-05 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I have a feature request: make `url-retrieve' accept dynamic binding
of `url-http-no-redirect' telling that the user doesn't want it follow
redirections (but still wants redirections indicated in status).
Currently I've modified `url-http-parse-headers':

+	     (if (bound-and-true-p url-http-no-redirect)
+		 (setq success t)
                (set (make-local-variable 'url-redirect-buffer)
 		   (url-retrieve-internal

but this is only for a global variable, no good.
I would like the feature in Emacs 22 if possible.

* Re: Make `url-retrieve' accept another option: url-http-no-redirect
       [not found] <mailman.462.1173108059.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-03-06 17:41 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2007-03-06 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> I have a feature request: make `url-retrieve' accept dynamic binding
> of `url-http-no-redirect' telling that the user doesn't want it follow
> redirections (but still wants redirections indicated in status).
> Currently I've modified `url-http-parse-headers':

> +	     (if (bound-and-true-p url-http-no-redirect)
> +		 (setq success t)
>                (set (make-local-variable 'url-redirect-buffer)
> 		   (url-retrieve-internal

> but this is only for a global variable, no good.
> I would like the feature in Emacs 22 if possible.

This is the wrong newsgroup.
For feature requests, try M-x report-emacs-bug RET.
But in any case, it's too late for Emacs-22 which is in feature freeze.