all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Select and scroll too fast
@ 2003-03-12 19:28 papaDoc
From: papaDoc @ 2003-03-12 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

    I have a problem. When I select a region with the mouse and move the
mouse down to select
a bunch of lines then emacs start scrolling very fast, (too fast for me).

   I started to have this problem when I changed to a faster computer.

If I give a value to this command can I solve my problem ?
*scroll-up

Remi

papaDoc@videotron.ca*

* Re: Select and scroll too fast
@ 2003-03-12 20:53 ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2003-03-12 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

papaDoc <papaDoc@videotron.ca> writes:

>     I have a problem. When I select a region with the mouse and move
>     the mouse down to select
> a bunch of lines then emacs start scrolling very fast, (too fast for me).
>
>    I started to have this problem when I changed to a faster computer.
>
> If I give a value to this command can I solve my problem ?
> *scroll-up

You are aware that you need not drag the mouse to mouse-mark a region?
Click on the beginning with left mouse button, then scroll around with
scroll bars or whatever else in order to get at the other interesting
point and click with right mouse button there.

Another right click at the same spot will delete the region, if
that's what you want.

Of course, assuming a three button mouse...

* Re: Select and scroll too fast
@ 2003-03-13 21:09   ` Remi Ricard
From: Remi Ricard @ 2003-03-13 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Kastrup wrote:
Hi,

>papaDoc <papaDoc@videotron.ca> writes:
>

>>    I have a problem. When I select a region with the mouse and move
>>    the mouse down to select
>>a bunch of lines then emacs start scrolling very fast, (too fast for me).
>>
>>   I started to have this problem when I changed to a faster computer.
>>
>>If I give a value to this command can I solve my problem ?
>>*scroll-up
>>

>You are aware that you need not drag the mouse to mouse-mark a region?

This is exactly what I'm doing. I start dragging  (the speed is OK, then
the speed increase to much
and I'm not able to stop it where I want.  ;-(

>Click on the beginning with left mouse button, then scroll around with
>scroll bars or whatever else in order to get at the other interesting
>point and click with right mouse button there.

I don't want to use the scroll bar since this is to much movement for
me. I just keep dragging
My mouse is and old 3 buttons mouse. (no scroll weel).

>Another right click at the same spot will delete the region, if
>that's what you want.
>
>Of course, assuming a three button mouse...

Those are the best mouse around......

Remi

* Re: Select and scroll too fast
@ 2003-03-13 21:19 ` Javier Oviedo
From: Javier Oviedo @ 2003-03-13 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I also see the same issue. Is there a way to slow this rate down?

Thanks.

@ 2003-03-13 23:20   ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2003-03-13 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Don't top post with full quote below.  IF you have to use Outlook
Express, at least don't make replying for everybody else unpleasant.
Trim posts to the relevant parts and comment below.

Rearranged.

"Javier Oviedo" <email_joviedo@yahoo.com> writes:

> "papaDoc" <papaDoc@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> >
> >     I have a problem. When I select a region with the mouse and move the
> > mouse down to select
> > a bunch of lines then emacs start scrolling very fast, (too fast for me).
> >
> >    I started to have this problem when I changed to a faster computer.
> >

> I also see the same issue. Is there a way to slow this rate down?

Of course.  Move the mouse up again.  The lower you pull it over the
border, the faster the rate gets.

* Re: Select and scroll too fast
@ 2003-03-14 18:35     ` Remi Ricard
From: Remi Ricard @ 2003-03-14 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi again,

> > I have a problem. When I select a region with the mouse and move the
> > mouse down to select
> > a bunch of lines then emacs start scrolling very fast, (too fast for me).

>>I also see the same issue. Is there a way to slow this rate down?
>>

>Of course.  Move the mouse up again.  The lower you pull it over the
>border, the faster the rate gets.

I tried to do that but then I move up too much and I move down (again to
much) etc
What I want is to lower the maximum scroll speed.

Remi