all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Marius Hofert <marius.hofert@math.ethz.ch>
To: Kevin Rodgers <kevin.d.rodgers@gmail.com>
Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: How to disable warnings/questions when using desktop-save-mode?
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 19:32:47 +0200	[thread overview]

Dear Kevin,

thanks for your solution. Since it is simpler than the one suggested
previously, I got interested in it.
My ~/.emacs contains:

(desktop-save-mode 1)
(setq desktop-save t)
(setq desktop-load-locked-desktop t)
(setq desktop-base-lock-name
       (convert-standard-filename (format ".emacs.desktop.lock-%d"
(emacs-pid))))
(setq desktop-dirname user-emacs-directory)

Still, I obtain "Desktop file is more recent than the one loaded. Save
anyway?" [Yes/No]. How can I avoid this question being raised?

Cheers,

Marius