all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* python mode indent region
@ 2012-05-10 12:53 Daniel Elliott
From: Daniel Elliott @ 2012-05-10 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I get different behavior when using indent-region to format code than
when hitting the tab key.  On many lines that have excessive spacing,
when I hit the tab key, the code is snapped into the correct location
after one press but the indent-region has no affect.

Is this the expected behavior?

I am using the python-mode that comes with Emacs 23.3.1 on Ubuntu (I'm
having difficulty determining which version that is).

Thank you.

- dan

* Re: python mode indent region
@ 2012-05-11  6:00 ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2012-05-11  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Daniel Elliott; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org List

Am 10.05.2012 14:53, schrieb Daniel Elliott:
> I get different behavior when using indent-region to format code than
> when hitting the tab key.  On many lines that have excessive spacing,
> when I hit the tab key, the code is snapped into the correct location
> after one press but the indent-region has no affect.
>
> Is this the expected behavior?
>
> I am using the python-mode that comes with Emacs 23.3.1 on Ubuntu (I'm
> having difficulty determining which version that is).
>
> Thank you.
>
> - dan

Please insert this report at

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-mode

Thanks

Andreas

* Re: python mode indent region
@ 2012-05-11 10:12 ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2012-05-11 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Am 10.05.2012 14:53, schrieb Daniel Elliott:
> I get different behavior when using indent-region to format code than
> when hitting the tab key.  On many lines that have excessive spacing,
> when I hit the tab key, the code is snapped into the correct location
> after one press but the indent-region has no affect.
>
> Is this the expected behavior?
>
> I am using the python-mode that comes with Emacs 23.3.1 on Ubuntu (I'm
> having difficulty determining which version that is).
>
> Thank you.
>
> - dan

fixed in trunk

get it with bazaar