all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* send a snippet somewhere
@ 2012-05-10  8:54 Mihamina Rakotomandimby
From: Mihamina Rakotomandimby @ 2012-05-10  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

I'm remotely teaching a group of people to some programming basics, and
in my Emacs, I want to paste & send code snippets to a public location.

I found
- http://goo.gl/zBlzn (pastebin), simple to use & install, old (2010)
- https://github.com/defunkt/gist.el copmlicated (dependencies)
- ...

Any hint?

--
RMA.

* Re: send a snippet somewhere
@ 2012-05-10  9:04 ` Yann Hodique
From: Yann Hodique @ 2012-05-10  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Hi all,
> I'm remotely teaching a group of people to some programming basics, and in my
> Emacs, I want to paste & send code snippets to a public location.

> I found
> - http://goo.gl/zBlzn (pastebin), simple to use & install, old (2010)
> - https://github.com/defunkt/gist.el copmlicated (dependencies)

[disclaimer: I'm the gist.el maintainer]

Hi,

Out of curiosity, do you have a specific issue with installing gist.el
from marmalade ? That's the recommended way for exactly this reason:
package.el then deals with the dependencies for you.

Yann.

--
It is possible to become intoxicated with rebellion for rebellion's sake.

  -- DOMINIC VERNIUS, Ecaz Memoirs