all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* yasnippet and scala-mode
@ 2012-04-23 14:27 Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2012-04-23 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU Emacs List

I'm using Emacs with the official scala-mode, and I can't get yasnippet
running.
https://github.com/AndreaCrotti/yasnippet-snippets/tree/master/scala-mode

Yasnippet is enabled globally, the snippets are all there and TAB is
bound to yas/expand, but there is no way that I can actually use the
snippets.

Strange thing is that from the yasnippet menu I can see all the scala
snippets and use them, but it just won't work with TAB or with explicit
yas/expand.

It's the only mode that has this behavior, does anyone else noticed
this?

Thanks,
Andrea

- GNU Emacs 24.0.94.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.2.3)
- yas/version: 0.7.0

* Re: yasnippet and scala-mode
@ 2012-04-23 14:43 ` Óscar Fuentes
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2012-04-23 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

> Strange thing is that from the yasnippet menu I can see all the scala
> snippets and use them, but it just won't work with TAB or with explicit
> yas/expand.

Maybe TAB is being re-bound by scala-mode. Use C-h k TAB for checking
that TAB is bound to yas/expand.

* Re: yasnippet and scala-mode
@ 2012-04-23 21:15   ` Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2012-04-23 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Óscar Fuentes; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On 04/23/2012 03:43 PM, Óscar Fuentes wrote:
> Andrea Crotti<andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> Strange thing is that from the yasnippet menu I can see all the scala
>> snippets and use them, but it just won't work with TAB or with explicit
>> yas/expand.
> Maybe TAB is being re-bound by scala-mode. Use C-h k TAB for checking
> that TAB is bound to yas/expand.

No no it's really bound to yas/expand.
And the strange thing is that even yas/visit-snippet doesn't show what
it should show,
while in the menu I see correctly all the scala snippets.

Never seen this behaviour before, does anyone has an idea?

* Re: yasnippet and scala-mode
@ 2012-04-23 21:21   ` Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2012-04-23 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Óscar Fuentes; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On 04/23/2012 03:43 PM, Óscar Fuentes wrote:
> Andrea Crotti<andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> Strange thing is that from the yasnippet menu I can see all the scala
>> snippets and use them, but it just won't work with TAB or with explicit
>> yas/expand.
> Maybe TAB is being re-bound by scala-mode. Use C-h k TAB for checking
> that TAB is bound to yas/expand.

Ok simple problem, it's simply ignoring the filenames as triggers.
Now I've updated yasnippet from git and it seems to work correctly..