all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Apply space to a zone
@ 2012-04-04 19:22 Sylvain
From: Sylvain @ 2012-04-04 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I would like to apply 2 spaces for each line of a zone but I can
manage to do it, here is how I proceed:

M-x start-kbd-macro
"do my 2 space"
end-kbd-macro
C-<SPC>
"selecting my zone"
apply-macro-to-region-lines

Thanks!
Sylvain

* Re: Apply space to a zone
@ 2012-04-04 19:28 ` Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2012-04-04 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2012-04-04 21:22, Sylvain wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to apply 2 spaces for each line of a zone but I can
> manage to do it, here is how I proceed:
>
> M-x start-kbd-macro
> "do my 2 space"
> end-kbd-macro
> C-<SPC>
> "selecting my zone"
> apply-macro-to-region-lines
>
> Thanks!
> Sylvain

Hi!

You may want to know about rectangles: (info "(emacs) Rectangles")
Specifically C-x r t and C-x r o.

Hope that helps,
Deniz

* Re: Apply space to a zone
@ 2012-04-04 20:51 ` Barry Margolin
From: Barry Margolin @ 2012-04-04 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

In article
<9925a186-dc35-4caa-bf79-72fa5eb3d40c@y13g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,
 Sylvain <sylvain@kalache.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to apply 2 spaces for each line of a zone but I can
> manage to do it, here is how I proceed:
>
> M-x start-kbd-macro
> "do my 2 space"
> end-kbd-macro
> C-<SPC>
> "selecting my zone"
> apply-macro-to-region-lines
>
> Thanks!
> Sylvain

Does:

M-2 C-x C-i

do what you want?

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

* Re: Apply space to a zone
@ 2012-04-04 22:06 ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2012-04-04 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sylvain; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

() Sylvain <sylvain@kalache.fr>
() Wed, 4 Apr 2012 12:22:31 -0700 (PDT)

   apply 2 spaces for each line of a zone

apply two spaces for each line of a zone;
decry such races where the winner dies alone.
 can't stop now, i'm occupied!
 sit still?  wow, eyes pepperfried!
belie my paces for six months' haggard hone.

viddy, me koolest kats, dare ye to jaywalk?
club-clutching bowlerhat fancies a stray stalk:
 kowtow before the mighty sight!
 your bird, my hands, no righty flight!
nine higher than high, there goes your frayed talk.

M-x zone-o-please-make-the-madness-stop
M-x zone-o-please-make-the-madness-stop
M-x zone-it-is-to-laugh
M-x zone-it-is-to-cry
M-x zone-o-please-make-the-madness-stop :-(

thi