Hi Michael, as requested, here are the needed files. My emacs version is : GNU Emacs 23.4.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.9) of 2012-02-01 on shirley.hoetzel.info Thanks for your answer, Best regards, Mathias On 03/04/2012 19:49, Michael Albinus wrote: > Mathias Millet writes: > >> Hi everyone, > Hi Mathias, > >> After reinstalling my system, I found out that I couldnt have tramp >> working anymore, it hangs right after i enter my password. >> >> Here is what exactly happens : I type in C-x C-f /su:root@localhost: >> Here emacs asks for my password, which I provide. It then hangs, >> showing the above string in the minibuffer, and after some time : >> Tramp: Waiting for prompts from remote shell >> >> After i cancel the operation, i have : >> >> Here is what is in the tramp/su root@localhost buffer : >> >> Password: Password: >> su: incorrect password >> >> Process *tramp/su root@localhost* exited abnormally with code 125 >> >> And here is what's in debug tramp/su root@localhost : >> http://pastebin.com/0CKD1yM3 > It is not the complete debug buffer. For further analysis. I would need > the full Tramp traces (best send as attachment, non-ASCII chars matter!). > > If you do not want to show the traces publicly, you could send them to > me off list. > >> So if anyone has an idea of what might cause this, I've been searching >> but couldn't find anything really usefull... > At least the first line of your trace looks very suspicious, a lot of > escape sequences in the prompt. > >> Thanks > Best regards, Michael. >