all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Trouble with visual-basic-mode.el
@ 2012-02-14 13:51 Douglas Harter
From: Douglas Harter @ 2012-02-14 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs
  Cc: 'Vincent Belaiche (VB1', 'Randolph Fritz',
	'Dave Love', 'Kevin Whitefoot'

I just upgraded from emacs 21.3 to 23.3 (I hadn't been using it for a
while). When I did I found a problem with visual-basic-mode.el. I don't know
how long it has been around, but I suspect since V23 came out. I am CCing
this to all the previous maintainers also in hopes of getting this to
someone who can help.

It will work some places in the file, but not others. When I try to start a
new line after an End IF, it gives me an error message of invalid
regexp:"Invalid regular expression" and refuses to even go to the next line.
There may be other problems, but that was a real stopper for me.

* Re: Trouble with visual-basic-mode.el
@ 2012-02-14 19:48 ` Vincent Belaïche
From: Vincent Belaïche @ 2012-02-14 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Douglas Harter
  Cc: 'Randolph Fritz', help-gnu-emacs, 'Dave Love',
	'Kevin Whitefoot'

Hello,

I am using emacs 23.1.1, and the latest visual-basic-mode, and I do not
have any issue like this. Could you set "M-x toggle-debug-on-error", and
then cut and paste the backtrace when the error happens, and send it.

   Vincent.