On 2/7/12 3:48 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: >> I've never understood what's wrong with including cl.el, nor why the > > The main issue is namespace. If someone goes through the code to rename > it all to "cl-*", then we won't need to avoid using it. I don't think the namespace is an issue. A _lot_ of people do, in fact, (require 'cl), and packages continue to work for them. If there were any serious conflicts, they'd already be fixed. In other words, I don't think you can find an elisp package that only works properly if cl isn't loaded.