On 07/02/2012 05:14 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > You said that copying cmdproxy.exe into a different directory made the > problem go away -- can you try to figure out what is it in this > particular directory that triggers the problem? Is it the fact that > there are other executable files there? the particular location of the > directory in the directory tree hierarchy relative to the drive root? > or maybe the fact that there are sibling directories from the Emacs > distro? or does the directory have some special access rights (e.g., > you unzipped the archive as a privileged user)? If you unzip the > distribution again in another place, does the problem happen there as > well? > > Btw, did you run addpm after unzipping the archive? And which unzip > program did you use? > > (I can program around "Access denied", but I'd like to try to > understand the cause before that.) Pretty sure it's a permissions thing. When I unzip the emacs distribution to my desktop and run it from there, cmdproxy doesn't infinitely respawn and customize-browse works as it should. -- The fundamental asymmetry of consciousness means triangulation is the only path to understanding.