On 03/02/2012 10:47 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > If indeed cmdproxy spawns itself endlessly, then the first suspect is > this code in cmdproxy.c: > > if (!SearchPath (NULL, argv[0], ".exe", sizeof (path), path,&progname) > || !GetShortPathName (path, path, sizeof (path)) > || stricmp (modname, path) != 0) > { > /* We are being used as a helper to run a DOS app; just pass > command line to DOS app without change. */ > /* TODO: fill in progname. */ > if (spawn (NULL, GetCommandLine (), dir,&rc)) > return rc; > fail ("Could not run %s\n", GetCommandLine ()); > } > > Are you able to run cmdproxy under a debugger and see what is going on > here? If so, please tell what are argv[0], path, and modname just > before the call to `spawn' (assuming my guess is correct, and cmdproxy > really calls `spawn' in this snippet). Okay so I managed to get cmdproxy running under gdb without much trouble so here is what you asked for: http://pastie.org/3327496 I've also discovered that cmdproxy only seems to do the whole infinite respawn thing if I run it in the emacs bin directory. -- The fundamental asymmetry of consciousness means triangulation is the only path to understanding.