On 12/29/11 2:43 PM, Dan Nicolaescu wrote: > Daniel Colascione writes: > >> On 12/29/11 2:21 PM, Dan Nicolaescu wrote: >>> We don't use something like "#include TERM_HEADER" in any other place, >>> it you really want to consolidate this stuff, creating a new header >>> file to include seems better. >> >> There's a first time for everything, and besides: other projects have > > Why add another wrinkle when we have perfectly working solutions already? We don't have a working solution. We have a mess, and we're trying to clean it up. Sure, we don't have header constants right now, but we don't have any pure-dispatch headers either. I suppose we disagree on what counts as a wrinkle. In my mind, it's simpler for config.h to just tell code what header to include than to create (and maintain) a header file that consists solely of ifdefs and more includes. Ideally, we'd not include window-system-specific headers at all, instead getting at this functionality via function pointers in a generic struct in frame.h. But for that, I'd have to change more code than I want to right now, and this approach gets us 80% there.