On 12/29/11 2:21 PM, Dan Nicolaescu wrote: > We don't use something like "#include TERM_HEADER" in any other place, > it you really want to consolidate this stuff, creating a new header > file to include seems better. There's a first time for everything, and besides: other projects have successfully used this approach. My initial revisions actually did exactly what you suggest, but I realized that the solution was more complex and didn't actually have any benefit. Besides, we have src/s/*.h and src/m/*.h. At least this approach is explicit. > Also "TERM" does not look like a good prefix > in this case, it's meaning might be confused with the TERM environment > variable (nsterm/w32term/xterm are not that great either, but better not > propagate the confusion). "Term", I think, it pretty clear in the context of Emacs. Using a different name for the header constant wouldn't change the names of all the datatypes in that header. It's better to at least be consistently confusing. There's XTERM_HEADER, but this name has other issues.