Tassilo Horn wrote: > Andrea Crotti writes: > > Hi Andrea, > > >/ Using gnome3 with the gnome shell on archLinux and a self-compiled/ > >/ version of emacs 24 compiled against gtk3, pressing Ctrl-z on the/ > >/ emacs makes it unusable./ > > I've unset C-z, but that's `suspend-frame', right? If I do > > M-x suspend-frame RET > > (or C-z in emacs -Q) the emacs frame is minimized, and I can get it back > via the GNOME 3 Overview or the application switcher. It's as usable as > it was before. So it seems to work just as expected. I have the same problem that Andrea had. If I use C-z (or M-x suspend-frame) then (1) the window is minimized (2) I can get it back by clicking on the emacs icon in the overview (3) the menus work, but I cannot enter or edit any text any more. + I can even select checkboxes in the menus, and I can save the file from the "File" menu. + However, the text-entry area is frozen. - The scroll-bar will not scroll. - I can right-click on the text-entry area and change the current buffer from *scratch* to *Messages*, but the status bar is not updated to reflect the changes to *Messages*. Interestingly, the 'Lisp-interaction' menu item disappears, so I think that the buffer really is changed to *Messages*, but the buffer is just not displayed. If I click on the minimize button on the frame decoration, emacs is minimized, and is usable after the emacs icon is clicked on again. Using -Q makes no difference. I'm using emacs 23.3 and gnome-shell 3.2.1. Did you attempt to enter any text after you "got it back"? If so, then perhaps this means that emacs 24 does not suffer from this problem. -BenRI