all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* indentation guides
@ 2011-10-25  8:50 Feverati
From: Feverati @ 2011-10-25  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

When will we enjoy a proper implementation of indentation guides (or
indentation lines) in emacs?
Someone think they are useless but my esperience is that when a code
contains dozens of loops and is thousand lines long, they do are useful!
All the best

Gio

* RE: indentation guides
@ 2011-10-25 13:41 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2011-10-25 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Feverati', help-gnu-emacs

> When will we enjoy a proper implementation of indentation guides (or
> indentation lines) in emacs?
> Someone think they are useless but my esperience is that when a code
> contains dozens of loops and is thousand lines long, they do
> are useful!

Does this help?

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/HighlightCurrentColumn

* Re: indentation guides
@ 2011-10-26 14:00   ` Feverati
From: Feverati @ 2011-10-26 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried it and it helped a bit. Still, it
is far from indentation lines as
in editors like scite.

Gio