Hello, The behavior I see seems to be related to bug 6962. I attach a backtrace of the emacs process. While trying out the latest emacs from the git repository (similarly, gdb from git) I encountered an hang. This happens when I debug my C++ code under the new gdb-mi interface. I am no git expert and can't tell you the exact version of emacs. The last commit on my sandbox repository is: commit 520888a9da6c3c27122c2597f757e88c81b97989 Author: Paul Eggert Date: Fri Oct 7 00:23:44 2011 -0700 The hang happens when the inferior terminates. Sometimes it helps to kill the GDB process and press ctrl-g. It did not help this time. --- Thanks Michael