all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* GNUS and exchange
@ 2011-09-23 13:28 Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2011-09-23 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have to connect to an ugly Exchange server at work for the internal
mail.

I succeeded to make it work with Thunderbird since IMAP is luckily
enabled, but I need to authenticate with NTLM, and I didn't find a way
yet.

I do have ntlm.el so in theory it should work, but I didn't find any
working example about that... Does anyone use it already?
--
GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.0.12)
  of 2011-09-19 on myhost

* Re: GNUS and exchange
@ 2011-09-26 11:44 ` Bernardo
From: Bernardo @ 2011-09-26 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> I have to connect to an ugly Exchange server at work for the internal
> mail.
>
> I succeeded to make it work with Thunderbird since IMAP is luckily
> enabled, but I need to authenticate with NTLM, and I didn't find a way
> yet.

you may want to consider 'cntlm', an authenticating proxy which caches
your credentials and forwards them to your corporate firewall;
you should be able to find it on sourceforge

* Re: GNUS and exchange
@ 2011-09-27 16:10   ` Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2011-09-27 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bernardo.bacic; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Bernardo <bernardo.bacic@pobox.com> writes:

> you may want to consider 'cntlm', an authenticating proxy which caches
> your credentials and forwards them to your corporate firewall;
> you should be able to find it on sourceforge

Mm it's also in the archlinux repository but not for 64 bits, so maybe
it doesn't work.

I have, however, configured davmail, and it works pretty well with
thunderbird, but I can't make it work with GNUS.

In theory something like this should be enough (and then adding a line
in the netrc file with user and password).

  ;; (nnimap "internal"
  ;;         (nnimap-address "localhost")
  ;;         (nnimap-server-port "1143"))

Now I lost the log but it can't connect to localhost, even if the port
is actually open and davmail is listening.

Anyone got davmail+GNUS working?

* Re: GNUS and exchange
@ 2011-09-27 17:50     ` Jonathan Groll
From: Jonathan Groll @ 2011-09-27 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Crotti, help-gnu-emacs

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 17:10:04 +0100, Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> wrote:
> Now I lost the log but it can't connect to localhost, even if the port
> is actually open and davmail is listening.
>
> Anyone got davmail+GNUS working?

IIRC I used getmail to retrieve the mails and save them to a maildir
(from davmail) - via POP and not IMAP. You could do similar or read
this thread, where mention in made of a "rewritten nnimap backend"
[don't know about it myself - use wanderlust]:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/69762

Cheers,
Jonathan
--