all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Two questions on using help
@ 2011-07-20  2:52 C K Kashyap
From: C K Kashyap @ 2011-07-20  2:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Is there a lisp tutorial that gets installed along with emacs? If so, how do
I get to it?
Also, how can I get to a page that has the index of all the built in
functions?
Regards,
Kashyap

* Re: Two questions on using help
@ 2011-07-20  3:06 ` Memnon Anon
From: Memnon Anon @ 2011-07-20  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

C K Kashyap <ckkashyap@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a lisp tutorial that gets installed along with emacs?
An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp

> If so, how do I get to it?
(info "(eintr) Top") <-- C-x C-e here

hth
Memnon

* Re: Two questions on using help
@ 2011-07-20  4:04   ` Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2011-07-20  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2011-07-20 05:06, Memnon Anon wrote:
> C K Kashyap<ckkashyap@gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> Is there a lisp tutorial that gets installed along with emacs?
> An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp
>
>> If so, how do I get to it?
> (info "(eintr) Top")<-- C-x C-e here

C-h i m Elisp RET

Learn a man to fish, etc.