all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* subword-mode for underscores?
@ 2011-07-13 22:29 Martin
From: Martin @ 2011-07-13 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I have just learned about "subword-mode" for CamelCase and I am wondering,
if there is something simillar for underscores syntax (camel_case)?

Most ideally have both variations in one buffer at a time -- as Python
coding conventions like to have classes in CamelCase and
other_things_with_underscore?

Do you have any tips?

Regards,
martin.

* Re: subword-mode for underscores?
@ 2011-07-14 13:12 ` Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2011-07-14 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2011-07-14 00:29, Martin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just learned about "subword-mode" for CamelCase and I am wondering,
> if there is something simillar for underscores syntax (camel_case)?
>
> Most ideally have both variations in one buffer at a time -- as Python
> coding conventions like to have classes in CamelCase and
> other_things_with_underscore?
>
> Do you have any tips?

Hi

In this example, I have enabled python-mode and subword-mode and it acts
just as you would expect it to.

class HelloThere:
     def hello_there():
         return 1

Have I misunderstood the problem?

Deniz

* Re: subword-mode for underscores?
@ 2011-07-14 19:20   ` Martin
From: Martin @ 2011-07-14 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

My mistake.  I had my Emacs Python setup "under re-construction" and
obviously... err ... I did something wrong.

Sorry and thanks.

m.