all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: gtk scroll bar: upstream bug report
@ 2011-07-13 11:30 grischka
From: grischka @ 2011-07-13 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: theophilusx; +Cc: emacs-devel

> The opinions of emacs developers are largely irrelevant - we can try
> to argue the case and we can even disagree with their assessment, but
> in the end we can only either accept it and move on and continue to
> support a build based on GTK+ or reject it and drop support for it.
> Anything else is largely irrelevant.
>
> Tim

It adds to the irrelevance that apparently nobody ever tried the
suggested feature.  It was never proven that it would work well,
not even for emacs, AFAICS.

The GTK people, whatever their policy is, are surely GUI practitioners
Their estimate might be pretty accurate.  If you come to them without
anything to show off they might well conclude that the best thing they
can do is to protect you against doing something silly.

--- grischka

* gtk scroll bar: upstream bug report
@ 2011-07-09 18:45 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2011-07-09 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

Does anyone have a pointer to an upstream gtk bug report for the
infamous gtk scroll bar issue? Thanks.

(I want to mark http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=1036
as forwarded.)