On 08/07/11 06:54, David De La Harpe Golden wrote: > On 05/07/11 04:26, Stefan Monnier wrote: > > >> The window manager is ctwm rather than Metacity, in case it matters. >> > > I can replicate this (not just with ctwm) > > The issue I was thinking of is still present too, and is likely > closely related / really the same thing. Hmm. bug #6872 was addressed by trunk r101176, which suppresses the primary update on handle_switch_frame, but, well, that only covers that immediate frame switch case. Kinda need to address switching between individual windows too (or actually instead since handle_switch_frame will always wind up calling select_window itself, I think). However, select-window itself is not a command afaiui, and enumerating all potential window-switching commands is probably not viable. I can't say I like the attached solution (modelled on the deactivate-mark variable) very much, though nor did I have any especially better ideas.