On 03/07/11 15:34, Drew Adams wrote: > Just _look_ at the colors, using emacs -Q. Do the same in an older release > also, to compare. You should be able to see the problem clearly. > > Computer systems vary quite a bit in their color reproduction, and different people can have different color vision, and not just in a "complete red/green colorblindness" fashion either [1]. I'd say we absolutely should try to keep the emacs out-of-box color scheme colorblind-safe, so some people having problems _is_ a reason to change the scheme. It's just an assumption that everyone is seeing what you see may be faulty. font-lock-doc (#8b2252 or so) definitely still looks pretty different to font-lock-builtin (#7a378b or so) on my system. Are the colors actually used on your system even coming out as similar hex values to those? See also samples in old emacs-devel thread [2] [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness#Anomalous_trichromacy [2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-07/msg01582.html http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-07/msg01588.html