all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* python.el merge (round 2)
@ 2011-06-17  1:50 Fabian Ezequiel Gallina
From: Fabian Ezequiel Gallina @ 2011-06-17  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel devel

Hi all,

I've been going like crazy these months and dropped elisp hacking a
bit. But now I'm back even on my crazy schedule.

The question is given the fact the pretest ends on June, how this
affects my idea of merging python.el into what would become Emacs 24?

I don't think I will have time to finish all the patches before the
month, that's why I'm asking. (of course I could continue with it
anyway for next release)

PS: Really sorry on my lack of response on this.

Regards,
--
Fabián E. Gallina

* Re: python.el merge (round 2)
@ 2011-06-17  3:13 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2011-06-17  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabian Ezequiel Gallina; +Cc: Emacs-Devel devel

> I don't think I will have time to finish all the patches before the
> month, that's why I'm asking. (of course I could continue with it
> anyway for next release)

I really wish you didn't try to finish all patches first.
First focus on the first patch.  Once it's installed, focus on
the second.  You get the idea.  If they don't all make it into Emacs-24.1,
that's no big deal.

* Re: python.el merge (round 2)
@ 2011-06-26 22:56   ` Christoph Scholtes
From: Christoph Scholtes @ 2011-06-26 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabian Ezequiel Gallina; +Cc: Emacs-Devel devel

On 6/16/2011 9:13 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> I don't think I will have time to finish all the patches before the
>> month, that's why I'm asking. (of course I could continue with it
>> anyway for next release)
>
> I really wish you didn't try to finish all patches first.
> First focus on the first patch.  Once it's installed, focus on
> the second.  You get the idea.  If they don't all make it into Emacs-24.1,
> that's no big deal.

Fabianm
Do you have an update on these patches?

Thanks,
Christoph

* Re: python.el merge (round 2)
@ 2011-06-27  5:46     ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2011-06-27  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Am 27.06.2011 00:56, schrieb Christoph Scholtes:
> On 6/16/2011 9:13 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>>> I don't think I will have time to finish all the patches before the
>>> month, that's why I'm asking. (of course I could continue with it
>>> anyway for next release)
>>
>> I really wish you didn't try to finish all patches first.
>> First focus on the first patch. Once it's installed, focus on
>> the second. You get the idea. If they don't all make it into Emacs-24.1,
>> that's no big deal.
>
> Fabianm
> Do you have an update on these patches?
>
> Thanks,
> Christoph

Hi python.el folks,

AFAIS it's worth to keep a separate branch. Looks like a re-design for
me, of some interest indeed.

However would foresee a period of transition.

Good look,

Andreas