all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Trouble with upgrade to emacs 24, loading problem
@ 2011-05-06 21:32 Gabriele Lanaro
From: Gabriele Lanaro @ 2011-05-06 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I've checked out the emacs 24 git repository, I have a problem loading some
of my libraries, it triggers this error:

Wrong type argument: listp, Forgot to expand macro eieio-object-p

I can trigger it for example with this expression (it comes from
emacs-starter-kit):

(if (file-exists-p user-specific-dir)
  (mapc #'load (directory-files user-specific-dir nil ".*el$")))

What it can be?

* Re: Trouble with upgrade to emacs 24, loading problem
@ 2011-05-07 12:39 ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2011-05-07 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Am 06.05.2011 23:32, schrieb Gabriele Lanaro:
> I've checked out the emacs 24 git repository, I have a problem loading some
> of my libraries, it triggers this error:
>
> Wrong type argument: listp, Forgot to expand macro eieio-object-p
>
> I can trigger it for example with this expression (it comes from
> emacs-starter-kit):
>
> (if (file-exists-p user-specific-dir)
>    (mapc #'load (directory-files user-specific-dir nil ".*el$")))
>

> What it can be?

Hi,

not being an expert, just a kind of woodoo:

as it's seems to concern a macro, maybe some macro built earlier is
loaded and fails now.

Try `make -k bootstrap`  instead of a pure `make' when building it.

HTH

Andreas