On 03/17/2011 09:40 PM, Paul Eggert wrote: > I plan to install the following patch, which uses the gnulib > socklen module to provide a definition of socklen_t > on platforms that do not already define it, and then > substitutes 'socklen_t' for the relevant occurrences of 'int' in > src/process.c. MS-DOS and MS-Windows ports may be affected by > this, since it adds an "#undef socklen_t" to src/config.in. Comments by Bruno Haible on the gnulib mailing list showed the need for an update to that patch, for the benefit of Cygwin and MingW ports. I've attached it; it consists entirely of autogenerated files from Emacs's point of view. This adds a symbol HAVE_WS2TCPIP_H to src/config.in, which may need to be configured for MS-DOS and MS-Windows. I haven't committed any of this socklen_t stuff to the trunk yet, but plan to do so after a bit more testing.