all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Question about subdirs.el
@ 2011-01-13 20:32 Steven W. Orr
From: Steven W. Orr @ 2011-01-13 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I just noticed that my load-path was *HUGE* and contained every subdirectory
of $HOME. I always start emacs from $HOME and I had at the head of my
EMACSLOADPATH. When I took . off of EMACSLOADPATH the extra values in
load-path went away. But! I did not have a subdirs.el in my HOME. The only
subdirs.el I found were in site-lisp and lisp dirs. Does anyone understand why
all those directories got loaded up?

Also, I saw from the docs that the directories in EMACSLOADPATH are supposed
to be suffixed with a slash to distinguish between entries which are files
versus entries which are directories. I just added the slashes but I see no
difference. I am running under linux.

TIA

steveo at syslang.net

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-01-13 20:32 UTC | newest]