all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Not updating config.in anymore?
@ 2010-11-04 12:41 Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2010-11-04 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello.

I know there was some discussion about not checking in an updated configure
after configure.in changes, but are we also not checking in updated
src/config.in anymore?

I think this is misguided.  If you changed configure.in you surely test it by
regenreating relevant files.  You might as well check in them then, the extra
effort is minimal.

	Jan D.

* Re: Not updating config.in anymore?
@ 2010-11-04 17:44 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2010-11-04 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Djärv; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 13:41:07 +0100
> From: Jan Djärv <jan.h.d@swipnet.se>
>
> I know there was some discussion about not checking in an updated configure
> after configure.in changes, but are we also not checking in updated
> src/config.in anymore?

IMO, src/config.in _must_ be updated in the repository, if for nothing
else, then for the sake of platforms that don't have Autoconf and
don't run the Unix configure script during the build process.

* Re: Not updating config.in anymore?
@ 2010-11-04 18:10 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2010-11-04 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Djärv; +Cc: emacs-devel

Jan Djärv wrote:

> I know there was some discussion about not checking in an updated
> configure after configure.in changes,

The discussion did not go anywhere.

> but are we also not checking in updated src/config.in anymore?

We are still checking in both.

I'm sure someone just forgot to commit src/config.in, so please just
do so if you notice it needs doing.