all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* hide mode-line?
@ 2010-10-17 19:39 Daniel Carvalho
From: Daniel Carvalho @ 2010-10-17 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

hi
I want to display an emacs frame with a single window and where all the
space is used for the buffer contents.

I disabled the scrollbars, the minibuffer, the menubar, but I cannot
hide the mode-line...

Anyone knows how to remove the mode-line in a given frame?
(thanks!)

* Re: hide mode-line?
@ 2010-10-19 13:53 ` Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2010-10-19 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Carvalho; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

2010/10/17 Daniel Carvalho <idnael@gmail.com>:
> hi
> I want to display an emacs frame with a single window and where all the
> space is used for the buffer contents.
>
> I disabled the scrollbars, the minibuffer, the menubar, but I cannot
> hide the mode-line...
>
> Anyone knows how to remove the mode-line in a given frame?
> (thanks!)

You can (setq mode-line-format nil) but this is per-buffer.

--
Deniz Dogan

* Re: hide mode-line?
@ 2010-10-20 13:01   ` Dan Davison
       [not found]     ` <mailman.3.1287607531.20892.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Dan Davison @ 2010-10-20 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deniz Dogan; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Deniz Dogan <deniz.a.m.dogan@gmail.com> writes:

> 2010/10/17 Daniel Carvalho <idnael@gmail.com>:
>> hi
>> I want to display an emacs frame with a single window and where all the
>> space is used for the buffer contents.
>>
>> I disabled the scrollbars, the minibuffer, the menubar, but I cannot
>> hide the mode-line...
>>
>> Anyone knows how to remove the mode-line in a given frame?
>> (thanks!)

Hi Daniel,

I distribute a simple minor mode minimal.el which does this.

http://dandavison.github.com/minimal/

Dan

@ 2010-10-20 20:45     ` Daniel Carvalho
       [not found]     ` <mailman.3.1287607531.20892.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Daniel Carvalho @ 2010-10-20 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Davison; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On 20-10-2010 14:01, Dan Davison wrote:
> I distribute a simple minor mode minimal.el which does this.
>
> http://dandavison.github.com/minimal/

that is very cool, thanks!
I see the minibuffer is always visible.

Anyone knows how to make the minibuffer hide itself when not used?

* Re: hide mode-line?
       [not found]     ` <mailman.3.1287607531.20892.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2010-10-20 22:11       ` Andreas Politz
From: Andreas Politz @ 2010-10-20 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Daniel Carvalho <idnael@gmail.com> writes:

> On 20-10-2010 14:01, Dan Davison wrote:
>> I distribute a simple minor mode minimal.el which does this.
>>
>> http://dandavison.github.com/minimal/
>>

> that is very cool, thanks!
> I see the minibuffer is always visible.
>
> Anyone knows how to make the minibuffer hide itself when not used?

Other then resizing the frame on enter/exit of the minibuffer ? No.

-ap