all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* refactoring tool
@ 2010-10-02 14:59 Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2010-10-02 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

playing with some tests, the following function
--slightly shortened here-- came out:

(defun python-modes-beginning-of-block-or-clause-test (&optional arg)
   (interactive)
   ;; ...
   (let ((erg 1658))
     (set-buffer "python-modes-test")
   ;; ...
     (goto-char erg)
     (assert (eq 77 (- erg (setq erg (py-beginning-of-block-or-clause)))))
     (assert (eq 124 (- erg (setq erg (py-beginning-of-block-or-clause)))))
     (assert (eq 124 (- erg (setq erg (py-beginning-of-block-or-clause)))))
     (assert (eq 42 (- erg (setq erg (py-beginning-of-block-or-clause))))))
   (message "%s" "python-modes-beginning-of-block-or-clause-test passed!"))

As it's visible, the whole thing could be written much
shorter using a list '(77 124 124 42).

Would call this procedure of changing into a more effective
form refactoring.

Is there a tool for Emacs Lisp?

Thanks

Andreas

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~a-roehler/python-mode/python-mode-components
https://code.launchpad.net/s-x-emacs-werkstatt/

[parent not found: <mailman.18382.1134003534.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* refactoring tool
@ 2005-12-08  0:58 Pedro Sa da Costa
From: Pedro Sa da Costa @ 2005-12-08  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm sorry to ask again, but there is any refactoring tool for emacs,
besides xrefactory?

Emacs does have code completion? If not, what tool can i install? And,
what is the shortcut key for this feature?

Can anybody give me the reasons why emacs is better than eclipse? I
think that is hard to find tools for emacs, know how to use them, and
hard to install and configure.
Because i have many work in the job, i don't have many time to learn
advanced features of emacs . So, i'm forced to use eclipse, because it's
easy to install the plugins, and i think that exists more plugins for
eclipse than for emacs. My  co-workers also use eclipse. But, my desire
is to be an emacs geek. What can i do to win this handicap, and learn
the emacs advanced features? Any advices? What is the best book to learn
emacs? And, how can anybody deal with plenty of shortcuts keys that
emacs has? Isn't too much for anybody's head?

Thanks,
Pedro