all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Java completion with CEDET
@ 2010-09-12 19:17 Ron Mordechai
From: Ron Mordechai @ 2010-09-12 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

 Hello everyone,
I've recently been introduced to Emacs by a friend, and so far, I'm
thoroughly enjoying it. I've installed the CEDET package, and set up
smart completion. The completion works very well with c, but I wish I
could say the same about java. I've read that all I have to do in order
for semantic to recognize the c apis and headers is to add (require
'semantic-gcc) to my ~/.emacs file. Unfortunately, semantic java support
isn't as well documented as c, so I guess adding something like (require
'semantic-java) should point semantic to my java apis, headers or
whatever, but it doesn't look like it's working.
Currently I get near perfect completion with c (it completes stuff like
printf(), scanf(), etc.), and I'd like the same level of completion with
java (IE have it complete things like System.out.println() and whatnot).
My .emacs file looks like so:

/;; cedet options
;; (load-file "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/cedet.el")
(global-ede-mode 1)                    ;; enable project management
(semantic-load-enable-code-helpers)    ;; enable smart completion
(require 'semantic-ia)                 ;; more completion fun
(require 'semantic-gcc)                ;; use gcc headers
(require 'semantic-java)               ;; and java too

/Am I missing something important? A documentation for the whole cedet
package would be godsend, is there one out there?

Cheers,
Ron

(I sent this message out yesterday, but oddly, it doesn't show up in the
archive, nor did I get email confirming it was sent. If it was,
apologies, the concept of mailing lists is still rather new to me.)