On 05/09/10 02:53, Chong Yidong wrote: > We don't need to explain what mouse-drag-copy-region does twice. > Just add a separate paragraph saying > > If `mouse-drag-copy-region' is non-nil, this command also saves the > region to the kill ring, replacing the previous kill if it was also > made with `mouse-save-then-kill'. > ^^^ Strictly that's not true, it also replaces kills made by mouse-drag i.e. an already active region (otherwise you would drag select a region with mouse-1, then mouse-3 extend, and you'd get two kill ring entries). Here's one with revised doc phrasing. ...I haven't tried making shift-selection respect "mouse"-"drag"-copy-region as yet, but that should be straightforward given similarity to the "select-active-regions => 'only" code path. (It's not like I'm personally going to use mouse-drag-copy-region => t in any case....) The customization name would then be kind of misleading, but, well, it has company. Effectively, mouse-drag-copy-region would "really" be something like the (hypothetical) "clipboard-active-regions => 'only" in end effect, though probably implemented by hitting the kill ring and thus (maybe) the os clipboard as a side effect, so maybe "killring-active-regions => 'only" would be more accurate.