all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#6889: alt-q changed behavior in LaTeX mode with comments
@ 2010-08-20 14:30 Pietro Belotti
From: Pietro Belotti @ 2010-08-20 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 6889

Hello.

I have been using emacs for a while, and there seems to be one change
that is giving me some trouble with LaTeX documents: in previous
versions of Emacs, when justifying text after a comment, the text got
justified without being commented. That is, if the cursor is on "bar" in
the following text:

% foo
bar

and I hit Alt-Q, nothing happens (I just verified it on Emacs 21.4.1).
On my new laptop, with Emacs 23.1.1, the result of the same operation
would be

% foo bar

which is not what I wanted since I just wanted to justify the text from
"bar" on. If I separate the two initial lines, clearly this doesn't
happen, but it would also create a new paragraph. I was wondering if
this is a feature or if there is any way to have it behave as it used to.

Thanks very much in advance.
Regards,
Pietro Belotti

--
Pietro Belotti
Dept. of Mathematical Sciences, Clemson University

* bug#6889: alt-q changed behavior in LaTeX mode with comments
@ 2010-08-22 13:35 ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2010-08-22 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pietro Belotti; +Cc: 6889

On 2010-08-20 15:30 +0100, Pietro Belotti wrote:
> % foo
> bar
>
> and I hit Alt-Q, nothing happens (I just verified it on Emacs 21.4.1).
> On my new laptop, with Emacs 23.1.1, the result of the same operation
> would be
>
> % foo bar

This cannot be reproduced on 23.2 with the original latex-mode (must use
'emacs -Q' to start) as included in emacs or the one provided by AUCTeX
(version "2010-05-17" in my case).

Leo

* bug#6889: alt-q changed behavior in LaTeX mode with comments
@ 2010-08-23 22:34 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2010-08-23 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pietro Belotti; +Cc: 6889

Please update to Emacs 23.2. This is a duplicate of