Giuseppe Fuggiano wrote: > I'm learning Emacs for programming tasks and I think it's very powerful. > > But, the first thing I saw migrating from Vim is that Emacs handles > syntax highlighting differently, often messing up if a given source > contains multiple languages (like a PHP file). I tried a plugin named > nxhtml, but it seems heavy and makes Emacs' startup quite slow. I don't > want to start an editor war here, just point out that Emacs seems so > powerful, but doesn't have a smart syntax highlighting available out of > the box. > > I'm sure there's a solution to this. That's why I'm posting. I stumbled upon this page... ...but I've never tried anything listed there, because I don't suffer from multiple-personality disorder. ;) Hope this helps, Aidan