all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ^D is broken in shell-mode
@ 2010-06-08 13:16 Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2010-06-08 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

It now results in a literal ^D being seen by the subproces.

I vaguely recall seeing recently that emacs stopped using ICANON mode
for ptys; I presume this is the cause?

It's been a long time since I did pty programming, but I seem to recall
that at least in some pty states, doing a zero-length write in the pty
master will send an end-of-file to the slave tty.  I don't recall the
details though...

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Future, n. That period of time in which our affairs prosper, our friends
are true and our happiness is assured.

* Re: ^D is broken in shell-mode
@ 2010-06-23 15:35 Štěpán Němec
From: Štěpán Němec @ 2010-06-23 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz; +Cc: emacs-devel

"Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <jao@gnu.org> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 08 2010, Miles Bader wrote:
>
>> It now results in a literal ^D being seen by the subproces.
>
> I've also noticed that this problem affects comint-mode, and is not
> limited to xterm: i'm encountering it in rxvt too.

Could the problem with Magit being unusable with current Emacs be
related as well? (Perhaps through `process-send-eof' used in
`magit-run*' (?); interestingly, I experience no problems in shell or
comint modes, though):

http://github.com/philjackson/magit/issues/#issue/18

    Štěpán